Well, it's Friday again. If time keeps moving this fast, I'll be retiring sooner than expected and can devote a lot more time to my quilting passion. But until then ... Didn't accomplish much this week except I did finish appliquing the pumpkin seeds onto the 12" blocks. I'm trimming then now and will wait until my next visit with Megan to lay them out in the order she wants. We have to make sure the same fabrics never touch :)
Good news on the monetary front. Uncle Sam will be giving us some of our tax money back. Hurrah!! We just never know if the tax news will be good or bad. Well, since it's good new, we bought a new 32" flat screen TV last night to replace the dinosaur TV in my sewing area. The cable guy (I don't think it will be Larry) is coming out in the morning to bring our new receiver, so we will get the HD channels. I'm sure happy because Cardinal baseball is just around the corner, not to mention March Madness. Nothing like a good Cardinal ballgame or "the road to the Final Four" game to keep me company while I'm sewing.
So I'm thinking on Saturday, I'll do some much needed reorganizing down in my area to get it looking rather spiffy (is that a word?). I'll post photos when it's accomplished, but it might be a while.
My next planned project is a table runner for my daughter-in-law Jennifer's birthday. I have the fabric picked out, just need to plot and plan the pattern. Her birthday is next Wednesday next week so needless to say, her gift will be late. Good thing I remembered to send her card this past week.
Yes, spiffy is a word - and maybe that should be our next challenge - see who can get their sewing area looking the neatest and coolest (by the end of the weekend :) Go!
ReplyDelete