Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flannel

I am almost finished with airing out/drying/getting rid of the smoke smell from my CLFFF.  It is a really great weekend and I've draped the flannel over the deck railing to let it air out.  Works wonderfully!!  However, I'm not sure the neighbors are pleased :).  A few more yards to go today and I'll be finished!!  I got my spare room upstairs cleared out so Megan could sleep upstairs last night.  However, the guest room downstairs is another issue.  I only have about 10 days to get it in shape before my sister and niece visit.  Yikes!! I better quit sewing and start cleaning. 

As far as sewing/quilting this weekend, I put the binding on three small quilts!!  Now they are finished, ready for the photo shoot and then sent to their respective new owners.  More on that later.  I'm also working diligently on getting the pumpkin seeds appliqued onto their squares.  15 down and 27 to go ... slow process, but I'm keeping at it!! 

In just a few minutes, I'm going to show Megan how to quilt from start to finish.  She pieced a small square block quilts before Christmas and now we're going to sandwich it, quilt it and bind it - all before she goes home today and all on her new machine.  It works like a charm.  I'll post a photo later.  So, I better get off this computer and get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment