Well, Friday is upon us and the weekend is looking promising. The weather is warming and the snow is melting. I'll admit, it might take a while to melt all of it, but at least we're making headway. My weekend plan is a trip to Columbia. Nope, no sewing machine yet, but I'm going anyway. I'm taking another batch of fabric to Megan's house - she NEEDS more fabric ... and I NEED to get some fabric out of my house. I'm also going to hopefully help her choose a new car. Offer moral support is more like it. She had an unfortunate event this week that left her without a vehicle. Fortunately, she's just fine but without wheels. I might need to take her to Joanns or the quilt shop in Columbia. What, are we crazy??
I finished my challenge blocks so hopefully we will be exchanging them tomorrow. I think Megan has one more to construct, but I know she can do it by the time I get there tomrrow.
Oh yes, I did get rid of some fabric this week and even made a little bit of extra cash. In my CLFFF I found some polyester fabric with a plastic lining. I posted this on the Quilting Board (now know as QB) and to my amazement people knew what this was and actually wanted to purchase it. Three people were really glad to find that particular fabric. Paypal is an amazing thing. The money came in quickly and off to the post office I went!! So now it's gone and I don't miss it at all. So goes the old saying, "one man's trash is another man's treasure."
My latest project, like I need another one, is the Star block of the month from the QB. I made my first one last night. On 2/15 the second one will be posted and hopefully it won't take me three weeks to get it finished. I like making sampler quilts along with scrappy quilts. They are my favorites. My DH likes the "politically correct" quilts, meaning one pattern and coordinating fabrics. Maybe I'll give him a few patterns to choose from and let him pick the coordinating fabrics from what we now refer to as "Katyquilters quilt shop" which is in the guest room downstairs.
No comments:
Post a Comment