Which way to turn, what tub to check out next. It's hard to decide what to do. Let's get a system set up. Well, that didn't last long. There is soooo much of everything. We are running it ALL through the dryer with 2 dryer sheets. Seems to help get rid of the smoke smell pretty much. At least till we actually start a project, then I think we should wash and dry what we're going to use. We started with the fat quarters, 3 dryer loads, and moved on to baby/juvenile fabrics. Polka dots anyone?
And this is only part of them. Megan laid claim on the polka dots, but I think there will be enough for me to use a few yards when necessary.
We worked pretty much all day Saturday shaking and folding, but made little headway. In fact, right now we're feeling overwhelmed and have a big headache from the smoke smell from all the shaking. So we decided to relax with a little wine and look at patterns. My, my, patterns for this, patterns for that - we can go shopping in our own home!!
Our very first project from the fabric - A challenge - we each picked 5 coordinating fabrics - each of us has to make 6, 12" blocks from both sets of fabrics and at the end of the designated time (which is when we both get finished) we'll exchange and have complete sets of blocks from our own fabric. This will be the first of many challenges. We're making a list of challenges and see where it takes us. I think the photos of the challenge fabrics are on Megan's camera so I'm going to let her insert them here:
| My Fabrics |
| Megan's Fabrics |
Monday morning rolled around and it was back to work. But on Tuesday came the "blizzard" so I was able to stay home not only on Tuesday, but Wednesday also. Woo Hoo!! Time to sort and sort and sort my fabric, by myself. Wow!! Fabric and more coordinating fabric. Now my mind is racing, what to do, what to do .... I found some wonderful "breast cancer" pink fabrics so I'm sending them to stevendebbie25 from the Quiting Board. She makes quilts to raise money for cancer research. Here's what I sent her: 11 yards -
this is what I sent to Gigi07 from the Quilting Board - she makes quilts for cancer patients. (13 yards)
I like the feeling I get when I know someone is going to help others with some of this fabric. I think once I get my head wrapped around all this fabric, I want to make some children's quilts for the Linus project.
Right now I'm putting coordinating fabrics in large ziploc bags and labeling them "planned projects" sometimes these bags will even include a pattern, possibly from a magazine. I'll be keeping busy, that's for sure!!
Yay polka dots!
ReplyDelete