Why do my titles always say "already"? Time is definitely going way too fast for me. Fall is definitely here and winter is not far behind (yuck)!!
I guess you could say we've been busy traveling, not too far, and by car!! The second weekend in October we went to visit Jake and Jill and the boys in Dwight, IL. That was far enough, 8 hours in the car, EACH way!! But we took our time and stopped when we wanted to stop. We had a delightful time visiting Jake in his world. He's one busy guy!! And we did get to watch Cardinal games up there!! And we did go to the casino and actually came away with more money than we went in with!! (Which is a first for us)!!
And two weekends ago we traveled across the state to Ste. Genevieve to visit my mom in the nursing home with Dorothy and Wayne from Kansas City and with my brother Fred and his wife, Vickie. It was a fun time. We stayed in the famous Hotel Ste. Genevieve (the Microtel was full). Well, you know what they say, you get what you pay for ... $46 per night for a room and that's what we got. A queen size bed, a private bathroom, and a 13" color TV which I think had rabbit ears hidden somewhere. Oh, I forgot to mention, it was really close to the railroad tracks. We were quite surprised at how many trains went buy and I especially want to thank the train engineer who blew his horn exceptionally loud at 3 AM. I think the walls shook!!
I want to thank Vickie for letting me go through all her extra threads. I found some wonderful colors and so far, it is working with my Nolting quilting machine.
All in all, it was a good October for visiting.
Of course, we all know the St. Louis Cardinals won the world series. They don't call them the Cardiac Cards for nothing. Now we're all watching to see who the new manager will be and if Albert stays or goes. Such suspense!!
I've been quilting and sewing. Last weekend was declared "pajama pants" weekend. 15 pair ... in all different sizes ... as of right now, I have 6 pair complete... not bad!
I think this should catch me up for now. I'll try to add photos later as right now I'm at work and my photos are at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment